Monday, May 12, 2008

張愛玲 Narrative non-fiction collection 1939-1947


林潤崧的書房 (136) since:2007/06/18
http://www.ireading.cc/person/whoami.aspx?mid=17709

I am recently reading 張愛玲's book. In one chapter she mentioned about overseas Chinese is actually a homeless in the bottom of their mind. I have never think of this way before; even though, I am always arguing with Americans here that people shouting at each other asking one another "Go back to your country!"

Whites from all different country, black, native Indian, Hispanic, all different people from Central America, South America, Asia......People always shouting and jealous at each other in USA...fighting ...riot...

Therefore, American are more open mind to talk about this; Since everybody all come from different places. Sometimes, this topic drive me crazy and then I finally feel tired and decided to drop this debatable and controversial subject.

Now, after reading 張愛玲's book, I think I could understand you and other Chinese who live in the South Asia that a certain population was spread to that area from China during WWII. From time to time, people in Taiwan can read news from south Asia about Chinese in that area has encountered many sad stories.

Hope you and other Chinese will feel better that Chinese in USA need to suffer and can share the same confusion about self-identification and cultural orientation as people like you in South Asia. Even though I do hear some newcomers from Korea or some other countries claimed that they think USA is the heaven on earth, the paradise of this planet; well, I knew they are new here and once they been here long enough they will learn how to shout to others. Hopefully, by the time they pick up how to shout to others they haven't completely gone crazy by living in such paradise. Well, positively thinking of this country is still a place I can chase something I want; even though, it is might be weird in other people's eyes.


We all need to hanging on God, this is probably the only thing we can do and hope for to live our lives.

2008/5/13 上午 09:20:07

No comments: